Cosmetic dentistry is a combination of dental procedures that focus on enhancing a patient’s smile, while also maintaining the patient’s dental health and function of the teeth. Enhancing a smile often has a positive emotional and psychological impact on a patient’s life by improving the patient’s self-image.
Dental procedures and techniques used in cosmetic dentistry can include:
- Laser dentistry to fix "gummy" smiles - where a disproportionate amount of the gums show when smiling.
- Teeth bleaching and whitening to remove stains from teeth.
- Porcelain veneers and inlays to fix broken/cracked, mismatched teeth, or correct gaps between teeth.
- Dental implants and crowns to replace missing teeth.
- Use of tooth colored fillings to replace unsightly silver amalgam fillings.
- Use of non-metal crowns to replace old crowns that show black lines.
Dr. Shawn Walls can create a customized cosmetic dental treatment plan that is perfect for your smile. Make an appointment for a consultation today!